The sisters (both active & alumni) of Clio enjoy giving back to their community in many ways. In recent years Clio has been involved with the MS Walk for a Cure, Relay for Life, Habitat for Humanity, Livingston County Cares, Red Cross Blood Drives, Day of Caring, Thanksgiving Food Drive, throwing an annual christmas party for local children in need, and volunteering at the Avon Nursing Home. Clio is always open to new ideas on how to give back to our community!
Here are some current and recent causes we are participating in:
- Ongoing Donation: Over Easter Weekend ’17, Clio lost beloved sister Francine Olivadoti Cronin. One of her final wishes was to arrange a scholarship at Geneseo for a Clio with financial need and who possesses certain qualities. If you are interested in making a donation to a scholarship that will be named in her honor, please see below, and share:
- Online: https://www.geneseo.edu/support/ways-to-give (note on comment line that you are honoring Francine Olivadoti Cronin)
- Mail: SUNY Geneseo, College Advancement, Doty 217 | 1 College Circle | Geneseo, NY 14454
- Phone: Kim Faber, AVP Advancement, (585) 245-5476
- Ongoing Donation: Alumni Sister Amie Wagner’s home was flooded due to a natural disaster and unfortunately insurance will not able to cover most of the costs. Amie and her husband spend their free time and life savings to support homeless children, to provide shelter for the street kids in Uganda, and campaign to raise money for fresh water in Africa. Please consider donating to help Amie and Will cover the costs that they are burdened with.
- April 23rd: Clio is also going to be taking part in Geneseo’s annual Out of the Darkness Campus Walk on April 23rd. It is a walk that brings awareness to suicide and allows families to honor their loved ones.
- April 8th: Clio always participates in Relay for Life every year, but this year we are dedicating our relay to Alumni Sister Francine Olivadoti Cronin. We plan to make t-shirts in her honor, so that we can wear them with pride the night of relay.